Wednesday, December 24, 2008

I do not rule

I do not blame the four readers I may or may not have left if they do not believe what I'm about to say.

My plan for 2009 is to rediscover my blog mojo. I could list a gazillion excuses for why I've been so derelict lately, but we all know that the real reason is Twitter. DAMN TWITTER!!

So I'm gonna finish out 2009 with one more roundup of all the stuff I shoulda coulda woulda been blogging about if Twitter were not such a time suck.

When I last bothered to get my camera out of my purse, it was Open House night at the Eagle -- a little event my team and I organized that included cookies, music, good will and a Santa with a very forgiving lap.


Joe was, ahem, persuaded to provide some of the music. What a guy won't do for a free round of bowling.



Last weekend, Maddy and Harrison joined us for some cookie decorating while their mom went for a run in the freezing temps.



Lexi's artistry was fully realized on this Mickey Mouse palette.



Sadly, more frosting went in the mouths than on the cookies. And more food coloring went on the floor than in the frosting.



Last weekend also was the long-awaited trip to "The Nutcracker," during which Lexi loudly asked such probing questions as "Why did that big mouse do that?" and "Is that all? Is that all?"

Next installment: Christmas.

Coming soon.

1 comment:

Chris said...

I am just as derelict as you are. And I'm getting ready to post a blog very similar to this one (I won't use the word derelict, though).