Friday, July 4, 2008

Bluebird

Robin was kind enough to invite us to spend the Fourth at her parents' farm, Bluebird, which is.... well, all I know is it's in Oklahoma somewhere off the Stillwater exit and it takes a very long time to get there.


This place is really more of a well-manicured indoor/outdoor palace of fun than a farm. What else would you expect from Macys?



Lexi and I started the day taking a ride on a Gator. This warning on the Gator struck me as sort of abrupt.


... and our driver struck me as kind of, well, YOUNG! (No death occurred, though we did get stuck once.)


Around lunch time, I impressed the hungry with my mad pizza grilling skillz.



Please note the professional-grade gill marks on the crust.



Sister Stella whosit whatsit a million gazillion names takes a nap.


Lexi and Jaime enjoyed the pool, though Lexi declared that it was far too deep. "WHY IS THAT POOL SO DEEP???" she demanded to know, shortly before falling asleep tonight.


She also enjoyed a little Badminton with her new friend, Emma.


It was down to two teams in the old-fashioned egg toss. This is me just as yolk exploded all over my hands, leg and shoes. Randy, I'll need to see those negs.


We left in the early evening, just as the pickin' commenced.

No comments: