Sunday, July 20, 2008

Garage sale from hell

Well, it wasn't that bad. But pretty close.

I had a garage sale this weekend, which went okay overall except for the fact that it was totally rained out on Friday. Soggy stuff. No customers. No $$$$.

I rebounded a little on Saturday. We had a steady stream of customers, who bought a lot of my junk. Still hauled three vanloads to the DAV at the end of the day.


My mom came to town to help and was a lifesaver. She was my cashier and did a whole lot of suggestive saleswomanship. She's good at that kind of thing. In raised $250, which I plan to spend (probably in one day) when the girls and I go to Vega$ this weekend.


Here's mom reading to Lexi on the eve of Soggy Friday.

2 comments:

Lori said...

your mom is looking great. meant to tell her that when i saw her friday. pass it along to her!

Chris said...

So sorry I was out of town and missed the big sale. I'm sure I would have carted off some of your stuff!