Monday, February 25, 2008

I've got the shakes

Apologies to those who've had to listen to this all day (LAL) but today I did something pretty monumental.

As part of the Fitness Challenge you might have read about on competing blogs (LAL), I'm going to try to give up sugary stuff for the duration of it -- six weeks.

If day one is any indication, it's not going to be easy. My hands are just magnetically drawn to chocolate. It takes serious effort NOT to eat it.

My new goal is going to be to try not to talk about it all day (LAL). Or think about it all day.

On another fitness challenge note, Bonnie and I checked out the "cardio theater" at Genesis tonight. I did like having my own television at my treadmill, but that place has just as many fan issues as the Y -- as in, there aren't any. Chocolate would melt in there. DOH!

2 comments:

Lori said...

Don't worry, I'll help you with that chocolate/sugar thing. A swift slap to the face any time you bring it up should do the trick -- and be fun for me! So you thought Genesis was too hot? I haven't noticed. Maybe I need to move a little more....

Chris said...

I think all gyms are entirely too hot. Why do they even need to turn the heat on at all? If they didn't people would probably move more -- being cold is a great motivator. But my perfect workout would include no sweat. Not ever gonna happen, but a girl can dream.