Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Trapped in "Idol" prison

Normally I don't have an excuse for falling behind on this blog. But right now, I do.

I'm doing "American Idol" recaps for Kansas.com again this season, which at the moment eats up my Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday nights. (Hey, I can't complain about my lack of chocolate, so 'Idol' it is.)

I actually kind of enjoy doing it. I get to be snarky and snipey -- and feel like I'm contributing to the web site.

Still, it's a grind early in the season. The show is on three nights a week, and I can't even start watching it till Lexi's all settled in bed, which means I can't write my re-cap till late, which means I'm kind of cranky by the time I get to it. One of the commenters today suggested that if I hate recapping "Idol" so much, perhaps I should stop.

Busted.

But it'll get better as the season progresses, the shows get shorter and less frequent and we start to get a little more invested in the contestants.

Until then, I've got Michael, the Rocco DiSpirito of "Idol," to keep me going.

3 comments:

Maria said...

I love Michael Johns, too.

I'm not sure yet how I feel about David—you know, the one who will win the show.

Heather rules said...

Um, I feel like David is totally trying to act like Christian from Project Runway.

Chris said...

Maybe I should start watching so I can see Michael Johns in action. Yummy.