Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Dental drama averted

Today was Lexi's first visit to the dentist's office, a day she has been dreading since that awful moment when she was 2 and I (and a Dora book that was supposed to make the dental process seem LESS scary) first made her aware of the existence of the dentist. For months she would cry and say, "I'LL GO WHEN I'M 3!!!!"

When she turned 3, she ran out of arguments. So this morning, it was just a bunch of tearful, "I DON'T WANT TO GO TO THE DENTIST!!!!"

But things went well when we got there. The dental assistant was funny and warm and made Lexi laugh with a monkey video and by squirting water across the room with a dental instrument. Getting the floor wet on purpose ALWAYS works on kids.

Lexi actually laughed during her appointment and voluntarily opened her mouth for the dentist to take a look.

I was... relieved.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Good job, Lexi. What a big girl!