Saturday, April 12, 2008

Perks of the job

Today, I judged a Hannah Montana look-alike contest at the Kidfest event at Century II. Why did I accept this job? I'm still not sure. But it was Hannah-larious.


There were 82 girls entered, but only about 60 of them showed. They ranged from about age 4 to 14. Last time I saw this many blond wigs, Gridiron was doing a Martha Stewart skit.


Here I am with my co-judges, Joe Sauer from the band 3 Ring Circus and John Spear, formerly of KEYN. We had philosophical differences.


The prize was a trip for four to Disney World, and I sort of wanted it to go to one of the adorable little kid entrants. Maybe not the one giving me the stinkeye.


They preferred the more grown-up Hannah, and I was outvoted. The 13-year-old girl on the right was the winner.


Not fun making little girls cry. But the winner was happy.

1 comment:

Lori said...

i'm with you. the little girls were so cute!