Saturday, December 8, 2007

Kirstie

Sometimes, my job is kind of fun.

On Friday, I was assigned to write a story about an unusual Christmas display that had gone up in front of one of Kirstie Alley's houses on Douglas.

I called around, and within an hour, I was on the phone with her assistant. Did I want to come over and interview her? Could I come now?

I zoomed over to the former Inn at the Park, where Kirstie now lives. We sat in her nicely decorated living room and chatted for about a half an hour. She was very nice, didn't try to rush me at all, and answered all of my questions more or less, not that I was asking tough ones. She did, however, refuse to be in a picture.

It was surreal, but pretty fun. And just to answer the question everyone's been asking me -- she looked great. Still thin and very beautiful.

Anyway, here's the story I wrote. The message board posters are, of course, having a field day with it. But at least they're not attacking me for once.

4 comments:

chitknit said...

You know, before we moved out of town I was wondering who had bought that house. They put up all these "This is now a private residence" signs all over the place. Interesting. I guess I can tell people I own property less than a mile away from a celebrity...

Amy D. said...

We shopped with Kirstie this morning at the Target on Greenwhich. A couple months ago, Les and I had lunch with her at Bella Luna.

Linda said...

Enjoyed your story today Denise! One of my friends has been in her house too. Would love to meet her!

Jennifer Lacy said...

Is she still single? I would like her to meet my dad!