Saturday, December 8, 2007

Three days, three birthday parties

I think I know too many people born in December...

It has become a tradition that every year on Jaime's birthday, I throw her a little dinner party where we invite as many of her favorite people who will fit around my table.

This year, her guest list got smaller, and I do not mean in number...

Jaime's birthday weekend continued Friday night when, by her request, we had a pizza/Christmas cookie decorating party with Carter, his kids Colin and Catherine, Lexi and Amy's kids Maddy and Harrison.


Carter's buddy Nick and his very grown-up son Grant also stopped by for a bit. This is Jaime's not-so-outstanding effort at a timed self-portrait. Maddy? Catherine?


Maddy is a good cookie decorator, and she kept reminding us it's cuz she's done it before.


OK, so our finished products looked a little more Easter than Christmas, but they still tasted good. Note to self: Get red food coloring.


Then, this morning, we headed to McDonald's for Harrison's birthday party. He turns 3 next week. As you can see, he's money with the ladies. Don't ask me why Lexi has her hand down there. I have no idea.


The hot toy for the 3-year-old boy? Trains, and lots of them.

Full disclosure: This was Lexi's big return to the McDonald's where we had the "incident" back in September. I was hesitant, thinking they'd have her picture posted on the door, but no.

There were no incidents today, partially because she's much better in that area and partially because I put her in a pull-up. I wasn't taking any chances.

Above you will see the exact spot from which the shower originated. Look closely -- either they never quite got it cleaned up or that's a very popular spot for accidents.

Ugh.

Happy birthday, Harrison.

1 comment:

Jaime said...

I'm glad to hear that your return to the scene of the "incident" was not traumatic.

Sorry you can't see Maddy or Catherine in the group photo. I sware, I am a professional.