Monday, January 21, 2008

The 2-year-old brain

...doesn't make any sense sometimes.

Like this day, late last week. I made Lexi one of her favorite breakfasts, scrambled eggs. She was so happy to see them. Until...

She started digging frantically with her fork, searching for something. "WHERE ARE MY EGGIES? WHERE ARE MY EGGIES?" she demanded to know.

When I explained I had no idea what the $%^# she was talking about, she started to wail.

She eventually got over it and ate them all up. I still don't know what eggies are, but if I ever figure it out, apparently I am to bury them under her scrambled eggs.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love the juxtaposition of the cute little Scottie dog on her pajamas and the scowling face!

Anonymous said...

i know i've seen that same face and had earily similar conversations with gabi.

they get so frustrated with you because YOU SHOULD KNOW what the heck they are talking about and hand it over already!

GFey said...

ahh....isn't parenthood great!

My man Jake is the same way sometimes and he's going on 4 years old. I think he's bipolar. In fact, I think all children between the ages of 2 1/2 and 4 are all bipolar.

Good luck!