Wednesday, January 2, 2008

Unzipped

A very odd thing is happening to me lately.

For some reason that I cannot understand or explain, I just cannot remember to zip my fly.

At least once a week, I look down and realize that it's down. I'm occasionally caught by someone else, but so far, not by anyone too embarrassing.

(I also went to work the other day wearing a new shirt with the tag still attached and hanging out the back. But that's another blog for another day.)

A small part of me wonders if I'm going senile prematurely. But a bigger part realizes that I'm just juggling too many things. Zippin' up just isn't making the cut anymore.

Be gentle if you catch me.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I must confess that some of the most embarrassing moments of my life have been times when someone caught me with my fly down! Yeep! Best of luck zippin' up!

Kathryn said...

As a mother of a toddler too, I think it's just that...they turn us into ADD people.

Heather rules said...

funny you should mention the tag thing. i came to work this morning with a tag still on my sweater! hehe.

Chris said...

I'm happy to say I'm tag-free today. And I have on pants with no zipper (gotta love the elastic waist this time of year). Maybe that's why the older set tends to go for the elastic-waisted pants...they can't remember to zip up either.

Unknown said...

At least you have the jeans on. I've been having a dream that I show up to work in my slip with no skirt on.
Yikes!