Sunday, January 13, 2008

My Olan Mills-ish contributions

I do have an actual Olan Mills portrait of my 3-year-old self, wearing ponytails and some crazy prairie print dress. But since I can't seem to find it right this minute, these are going to have to do. Notice that unlike Jaime and Lori B. , I actually chose some HUMILIATING photos for your viewing pleasure.

This one is mostly humiliating to Annie, who as a 1-year-old had marshmallow thighs and wasn't afraid to show them.


In our school, these were called "Duals," as if one shot wasn't good enough. I think my mom made this cute orange gingham number.


I remember having these taken. Yikes. The big question is will Annie's hair wings or mine take flight first? BTW, the familial pose was totally forced upon us.

Hey Big D! Lookin' good in the leather blazer!

6 comments:

Jaime said...

I'm sorry that I've always been so photogenic. Did you see the picture of me with the floppy do? That was somewhat humiliating.

WOW, Dennis has always been a stud!

Lori said...

Leather? Are you sure that wasn't pleather? All I can say is that I salute you for posting these photos. They are, uh, oh god, words escape me.

Amy D. said...

Awesome! Thanks for keeping the photo editing (selecting) down to a minimum. I absolutely will post some embarrassing ones when I get to my albums. (thank God for storage at Mom and Dad's.) And I can way out-do your early 80s glasses!

Amy D. said...

Ok, by "selecting" I don't mean thanks for only selecting a few, but for not only selecting the "good ones."

Heather rules said...

Loving the pics Denise. I PROMISE to have my pics up this weekend.

Amy said...

Isn't it sweet that we can preserve our awkward pre-teen years with such stylish photos! Loved the gingham dress. My grandmother made me one very similar only in BROWN gingham! Yeah, brown! UGH!