Thursday, May 1, 2008

Born to run

Let Norton out this morning. Went back to check on him about 15 minutes later. Gate open. No Norton.


This was the SECOND time this had happened since we got our little runner (who came to us as a stray...runner.) The first time, a contractor left our gate open. This time, it was... well, it wasn't me or Lexi, if that narrows it down.

Thankfully, as soon as I realized Norton was gone and ran outside in a panic, he was running down the sidewalk back toward home. Who knows where he'd been or what he'd been doing.


I truly hate to think of a life without Norty. And so does Lexi. Here she is demonstrating how she would have felt had Norty not come back home.

3 comments:

Jaime said...

That's a pretty cute photo of Norty. This story brings up bad memories of the first time he did this.

Kathryn said...

He needs a microchip.

Lori said...

Poor Snortin' Norton! I'm so glad that you found him! I agree with Kathryn, by the way. It's OK for pups to have a chip on their shoulder. Brian & I have been glad we had Dakota & Lilly chipped.