Saturday, March 15, 2008

Gonzo Grill

Tonight, the poker group had a date with the Gonzo Grill. It's basically a restaurant operated out of a local chef's house. He takes reservations for 10 to 16 people, only on Friday and Saturday nights.


Part of our purpose was to persuade the guy to let us do a story on him. We failed, but I'm only sorta sorry. A story in the Eagle would destroy what he's doing (which TECHNICALLY is not on the up-and-up.) And what he's doing is pretty amazing.


This is the house. It's in Indian Hills. Doesn't look like a restaurant, does it?


This is the chef. He's a pretty interesting guy. He's remodeled his kitchen into a professional-grade workspace. Behind Joe's left shoulder is an eight-range gas pro-quality stove. 


Here's our first course -- Diver sea scallop ceviche, which was friggin awesome.


The main course was a churrasco ribeye with chimichurri sauce. My flash doesn't do it justice. I'm sorry I won't be doing this story, but not sorry that I'll be going back soon.

He says he's done special weeknight parties for book clubs. Ladies??????

5 comments:

Kathryn said...

That sounds awesome for a book club meeting. Sign me up!

Heather rules said...

That food looks amazing.

Chris said...

Sounds great. Sign us up!

Unknown said...

Wow, the food sounds great. I'm up for it for a book club.

Sara Stucky said...

I can't find a way to contact these people. Do you have contact information?