Wednesday, March 5, 2008

She's 3!

I'm pretty sure Lexi had a great 3rd birthday. I only wish she could remember it past next week. Who knows? Maybe she will. I think my memories begin somewhere around age 3.


It started out this morning when I took her to school, armed with 15 sprinkle-covered cupcakes and some slinkie toys to pass out to her friends, who include the wonderful if a little bitey Emma and the earnestly charming Braden.


After school, we went out to dinner. Lexi got to pick, and she picked cheeseburgers.


Since it was her birthday, she got fries instead of veggies. Lucky.


When we got home, there were a few more presents. She got an awesome dance ribbon (which she LOVED) and some Play-Doh from Jack and Hannah, who were kept away from the party by a stubborn flu bug.

We got her a Moon Sand set. This stuff is a messy, awful invention, but she loves it.

And I love her. Happy birthday, sweet girl.

7 comments:

Jaime said...

That picture of her with the cupcake just might be the cutest photograph of her ever taken. I love her, too.

Heather rules said...

I HATE Moon Sand. Gage got some for Christmas. What a mess!
Happy Birthday Lexi!!!

Lori said...

I can hardly believe it's been three years since that crazy day in KC. She has turned out pretty well!

Anonymous said...

Happy birthday, Lexi!

Lori said...

I cannot believe it's been three years since I got that early morning freak out call from Aunt Jaime. "DENISE IS IN LABOR! I'M DRIVING TO KC! YOU'RE THE ONLY ONE I KNOW WHO'S UP RIGHT NOW!!!!!" (Hi, Aunt Jaime!) Happy b-day, lil' cutie!!

Chris said...

That's the sweetest post ever on the best blog ever.

Suzanne said...

Yay!! Gotta love blogs. We get to see Lexi open her present even though we're too sick to be there. Cool.

Sounds like Lexi had quite the celebration. And yes, she will remember it. Hannah remembers her 3rd birthday party, which she still describes as "Barneylicious." :)