Tuesday, September 11, 2007

I took it

This morning, I got up waaayyyy too early to participate in the Eagle's "Takin' It to the Streets" fundraiser for United Way.

Volunteers must agree to arrive at 6:30 a.m. then dart out into pre-dawn traffic to sell papers. I was at Main and Market, which is a surprisingly dead corner, as it turns out.


One bright spot from the morning -- a lady just happened to show up with a baby pug puppy. His name was Jackson. Awwwwwwww.

Thanks to fellow street takin' it toers Stacey Jenkins Deanna Talbott for their photo work.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

way cute dog!

Lori said...

No fair! There wasn't a single cute dog at my street corner. Boo.

Kathryn said...

I gave 75 cents for a paper and won $25 from kwik shop. I love the eagle!

Heather rules said...

Our corner was dead too. It is usually pretty busy. Not a lot of givers out there yesterday. Although I did get a few hoots and hollars from passing construction workers. Keep it comin boys I need all the ego boosting I can get. ;o)

Stacey Jenkins said...

Nice photo!! email me mine so I can post a "Twin Blog" haha. I had fun hanging out - let's do again but next time not on a street corner heckling people in the dark (what WERE we doing again???)