Sunday, September 30, 2007

Rain

Today, something very, very bad happened.

We were at McDonald's play place with Joe and Jack, and Lexi had been saying she needed to go to the bathroom. But every time we tried, she'd be too afraid of the big girl public potty and would refuse to go. I shoulda listened to my instincts telling me it was diaper time, but I didn't.


Suddenly, from 10 feet above, a yellow rain shower fell down from the play place bridge. The place was packed, and parents were freaking. I had to crawl in the thing to get the rain maker out of there and clean up what I could before rushing out in horror.

My sister was kind enough to snap away with her cell phone, ya know, instead of helping me. I guess for this blog's sake, I appreciate it.

We didn't make a big deal out of it, to protect Lexi's dignity and all, but it's going to take a while to recover from this one.

9 comments:

Twanger said...

That's why this is the best blog ever.

Lori said...

Oh my. What a day! You can always count on sisters for things like that, right?

Jaime said...

Poor Honey.

Chris said...

So sad. :-( This, too, shall pass...just like water under the bridge. I couldn't resist.

Anonymous said...

oh my goodness, poor lexi and mommy...

Amy D. said...

It feels so good to hear other other toddler mom's stories. Now I don't feel QUITE as sorry for myself that Kyle got up at 3:30 a.m. and never went back to sleep this morning.

Anonymous said...

Poor Lexi. Poor you! Try to console yourself, though, with the thought that that playplace has probably been "rained" on before -- or worse!

Twanger said...

This post puts me in mind of Micah @ Chucky Cheese, age 2, with a similar mishap of a slightly more solid nature. Easier to clean up though. To quote the philosopher JAO, "you can't make this shit up!"

Jennifer Lacy said...

and that is why we blog. so we don't feel like we are the only mom things like this happen to!