Wednesday, September 12, 2007

She probably doesn't need the money now

I doubt many of you will care about this since the only person I know who watches "Big Brother" besides myself and Nick (because I make him) is my OB Dr. Jensen, but I had an interesting Jessica Hughbanks moment tonight.

For those of you who don't know, Jessica is a Haysvillian/WSU student/Thunder dancer who appeared on the CBS reality show this summer. She was just evicted from the house last Thursday. (But will still take home a decent cash prize.)


Tonight, I was going through our SPJ scholarship applications, finding e-mail addresses so I could contact our winners about claiming their checks, when I came across this.

It appears that Jessica applied for one of our scholarships this year. We didn't give her one, but I remember when we were going through the apps we decided that she looked like a promising student but just didn't send us enough examples of her work.

The funny thing is, I've had to write about Jessica several times for the paper, and there were days when I was desperate to find someone, anyone, who knew anything about her. And all that time, this application, complete with her SSN, references, email address and phone number, was sitting in my desk.

5 comments:

Heather rules said...

Add one more person to your list. Reality TV is my weakness. I was really pulling for her. I was for Dick for the first half of the season, but I'm SO over him right now. And his daughter, PLEASE don't get me started. Do you read the spoilers???

Denise said...

Heather, I do read the spoilers. All the time. And I don't even care that I know three days before the show airs that I know what's gonna happen. Now I'm to the point where I don't really want the Donatos to win in theory because they're so nasty. But on the other hand, Zach?????

Lori said...

Too funny! Who knew those applications could be such a great reporter's tool?!

Chris said...

How ironical!

Heather rules said...

When I look at Zach, he scares me, but I'm so tired of Dick being nasty and Daniele whining. Good Lord people, GET OVER YOURSELF!! To tell you the truth I would not be surprised if the whole Donato act is totally FAKE. They probably totally get along outside the house.