Sunday, November 18, 2007

Sick of gingerbread yet?

Can you take one last blog posting on it?

Suzanne and Hannah and Jack introduced us to this fun and tasty event last year, and we loved it. This year, the little Nutcracker star's jam-packed schedule meant she had to go to the event during Lexi's naptime on Saturday. So we waited until Sunday and invited Kyle to join us.


We got there at 12:25, five minutes before it opened, which was a good thing, because by 1 p.m. there was a line out the door.


We also were lucky because this wonderful volunteer, an older man who is a gingerbread building expert, basically came and put our houses together for us. Anyone who's been knows that part is next to impossible, especially the roof.


Lexi ate more than she decorated. Kyle was right behind her.


Now that's a guilty face.


The finished products, on our mantle and tempting the neighborhood mice, no doubt.

7 comments:

Maria said...

The boys are begging us to let them eat their houses, but I'm afraid to!

Chris said...

I love the guilty face.

Amy D. said...

When we got home, Kyle asked me to clean off the cookies and candy so he could eat them!

Suzanne said...

Sick of gingerbread?!?! Blasphemy!!!

LOVE the little houses, and the guilty look. What fun. Our houses made it home complete this year (thanks to Tara holding them in the passenger's seat, no doubt), but I looked at them today and realized... they are NOT complete anymore. Then I saw two more guilty faces looking up at me... :-)

Anonymous said...

Did anyone notice the pros who brought their own candy? Sprinkles, large marshmallows and mini-red licorice?

Suzanne said...

Julie, I did notice the pros this year. I'm going to remember that next year, and bring a stash of Halloween leftovers. Plus, Hannah could have used another handful or two of Cap'n Crunch for her roof. ;-)

Anonymous said...

Yes, a mom who sat at our table brought a large Baggie of Halloween leftovers. Part of me enjoys the challenge of trying to decorate a house with the materials given, like a bizarre episode of Top Chef, but then I was also jealous of the licorice edge along the roof of one house I spotted.