Thursday, November 22, 2007

Thanksgiving

We're in Carthage, Mo., at the moment, having Thanksgiving at my parents' new house.


They moved in just short of a week ago, but mom really wanted to have Thanksgiving in her big, new kitchen.


Joining us for cooking and eating: My sister Annie, her husband Pete and their boys Joe and Jack; my mom's sister, Kathy and her two daughters Taylor, 19, and Katie, 17, plus Taylor's boyfriend Galen; and my mom's older sister, Aunt Margaret.


Here I am working on my famous green beans with shallots.


Yum.


Gratuitous cute Norton pic.


Joe got so tired of waiting for the cooking to conclude, he fell asleep right before we ate.


Mom's plate.


Lexi has decided that Thanksgiving is okay with her.


As I type, games have commenced in the dining room.


And Joe is finally getting his dinner.

5 comments:

Heather rules said...

Happy Thanksgiving! Your mom's kitchen is great! Wish mine was that big. I'm at work reading everyones blogs. ;o(

Jaime said...

Looks like fun. I miss you guys. Big sigh.

Lori said...

Looks like your parents have settled in quickly! Happy Thanksgiving!

Tricia said...

Jason introduced me to your blog. Not sure if I should claim this, but I was born in Carthage, MO. My hometown is ten minutes north (Jasper) and too small to have our own hospital. My grandfather lives on a dairy farm about 5 miles north of Carthage, my sister lives there and my niece and nephews attend school there...so I guess you can say that I am from that 'neck of the woods.' Exciting place, right?! And I forgot to mention that Jonas made the Carthage news in August. Jonas was pictured (color picture!) at the pool. I think it was an article about the last days of summer. Have you checked out the Carthage Press yet?

Denise said...

Tricia, I did not know that. But that's kind of amazing. I know Jasper well. I think my parents taught there when they were first out of college. I am loving reading about your adventures in Japan. LOVED the day care notes.