Friday, November 2, 2007

A model passenger

I was a little nervous about how Lexi was going to do on the flight to San Antonio. And even more nervous after she got very little sleep last night. (We got to OKC late and she woke up early.)

No need to worry, though. She was a model passenger, even insisting that we use our "SEAT BELTS! SO WE CAN BE SAFE!" Thanks for that one, Dora.

This isn't her first plane trip, but it is the first one where she's aware she's on a plane.

She was a tad confused by the clouds out the window, and she was very concerned about how we were going to get out of the plane.

But we arrived safely, and then met up with Aunt Katy, Uncle Ron and Uncle Marc for lunch by the Riverwalk.

As you might infer from this photo, naptime was much appreciated and is still gong on as I type this. More fun and Mexican food planned for tonight.

3 comments:

Lori said...

thank god for small favors. that little girl is full of surprises. way to go for updating your blog on the road!

Lori said...

Looks like you're having a good time! As I type this, Brian and I are on the Interstate en route to KC. (I LOVE the aircard on his laptop!!) We're going to the KU game tomorrow. Your trip sounds more fun. You guys may see a real beach, but I'll !think of you on Wescoe Beach anyway. :O)

Have fun! Rock Chalk!

Jason Strait said...

Worried about a flight to San Antonio ... what is that, like two hours? Isn't Wichita in Texas, anyway?

When we flew to Japan, needless to say, I was worried. I reasoned that even if it was the worst 14 hours of my life, it was only 14 hours, and then it would be over. Then my friend J. Ruby told me, "I don't know. A bad 14 hours can change the rest of your life."

Also, what's with dressing your kid as a cowgirl? Isn't she already a cowgirl, living in Wichita?