Saturday, November 17, 2007

Surprise!

Last night, my very generous friends, directed by Carrie, threw me a surprise birthday party. It was, indeed, a big surprise. I rarely have parties since my birthday (Nov. 24) always falls during Thanksgiving, and I've never had a surprise party thrown for me.

It was a small dinner party that including most of my favorite people, save a few exceptions. (If you weren't there, you are among those exceptions.)


Many things about the party meant a lot to me, including the fact that Bon and Dick did NOT skedaddle early to get to another function.


It was Lori's job to get me there, and she pretended she had tickets for me and Carrie for some hot party. I really didn't ask any questions. I was just happy to be getting out.


These two CLAIMED they were going to the movies.


Dinner included pear and blue cheese salad, sweet potato soup, potatoes, green beans, steak and pumpkin cheesecake. And Bon brought some flowers for our champagne.


We laughed and drank in equal amounts, and I was feeling both this morning.


Joe and Carter, always reliable for some tunes, broke out the guitars late in the evening. Joe had composed a bday song for me that had something to do with getting the hell outta Dodge. I need to hear it again when I'm not under the influence of Bon's champagne flowers.

Oh, she wishes.


Special thanks to Carrie and all my friends who told me bold-faced lies all week.

4 comments:

Heather rules said...

Happy early birthday Denise!! Nothing beats good times with good friends.

Lori said...

Happy b-day!

Chris said...

Happy Birthday, Denise! Is it 21 again?

Anonymous said...

Happy early birthday, Denise! Looks like you had a great time!