Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Bookclub... EXPOSED

WARNING: If you do not know me and don't like blogs, please stop now because I don't want to waste your time.

Whew, now that I'm feeling a little self conscious, let's get to today's topic: Bookclub. (I've just decided that bookclub is one word, so let's go with it.)


Here are Kathryn and Chris at tonight's meeting, which was at Kathryn's house. Our bookclub is made up of about 30 Eagle women and friends/acquaintances of Eagle women. We meet once a month at different members' houses to eat, gossip, and if we get to it, discuss a book. Each meeting draws anywhere from 5 people in crazy months to 20 when it's Halloween or at Bonnie's house.

Sadly, I'm not sure what book we discussed tonight because I didn't get to it, but I know it was a memoir by a sassy Republican. (This is probably why I didn't get to it.) But the girls swear it was good.


Food is one of the main draws at our meeting. It's always an eclectic mix. Tonight we had spinach pizza, spinach pasta, crab Rangoon and steamed dumplings, Panera bread and chocolate cookies. Carby much?



Usually, our book club meetings have a strict NO BOYS ALLOWED policy. But we make exceptions for cuties like Kyle D., who came with his mommy, Amy.

2 comments:

Jaime said...

Who made the dumplings? They were fantastic.

Lori said...

I like blogs, and I love yours. See, I'm checking it out now wanting more. Give me more!