Saturday, July 28, 2007

Peter's basic nightmare


Tonight,we got to go out on the town with Annie and Pete. Annie hired a babysitter, a nice 16-year-old whose mom is a biz editor at the Star. (I think Annie hoped this would somehow turn into job offers for Nick and me. Optometrist naivete...)

Anyway, we started off at a very good restaurant called 40 Sardines. It was great. I had scallops in a corn butter cilantro sauce. Afterward, at the recommendation of our waiter, we went downtown and tried out JP Wine Bar. It was so Oeno-like, I wonder if the owner modeled his place after JP. It even smelled the same.


I say this is Peter's basic nightmare because he's a simple Dutchman who absolutely detests going out to eat. Give him hot dogs at home any day. He was dreading this meal sort of like I would dread a trip to the gyno. But he was a good sport and was cheered up when we got to sit outside at JP. Good ole Pete.

1 comment:

Tess Knadler said...

Well, I can only hope you all got home reeling drunk so that the babysitter went home and reported your bad behavior to her mom.