Sunday, July 22, 2007

Crunchy

I can't take credit for this -- Jaime gave me the idea. And she can't take credit, either, because croutons have been around for a looong time. But I must say -- nothing makes a salad taste better than homemade croutons. Below you will see the batch I made tonight, in two stages.

Before: Get a loaf of nice bread (or even not so nice -- I recently used a rock-hard stale loaf of 99 cent French bread from Wal-Mart.) Cut it up into crouton-sized chunks, put the chunks in a bowl and stir them up with a lot of olive oil, garlic powder, dry Italian herbs, salt and pepper. Spread on a cookie sheet and bake in a 400 degree oven for 15 to 20 minutes.

After: Voila! These are so good, we're known to just snack on them.


1 comment:

Jaime said...

You should serve Jaime Croutons with Jaime Salad. Yum!