Saturday, August 18, 2007

Lawrence

After the open house, Kerri and I walked Mass St. It was odd being back in Lawrence. Haven't been there in five years and had a little trouble remembering my way around.

I love Lawrence, but as I told Crystal, I don't think I could live there. I want to leave it in the early 90s like I remember it. Plus, that town feels tailor-made for 20 year olds, which I ain't.

So many sights still look so familiar. But those sidewalks and corners aren't mine anymore. I just borrowed them back when the kids borrowing them now were 3 years old.

Here's one corner I was happy to give back. The Buckle on Mass. Worked there for two years in college, after two years in Dodge. I get seizures when I get too close but was able to suffer through for this shot.


The Mad Greek. It's still there. I miss the flaming cheese.


The Kansan got Rudy's carryout three times a week. It made me fat.


The Granasty.

1 comment:

Heather rules said...

I LOVE that town and I'm not in my 20's, but I could TOTALLY live there. I can see myself being the crazy cat lady in Lawrence and eating at Mass St. Deli everyday for the rest of my life.