Thursday, August 23, 2007

This makes me happy



Kerri Ryan and I were driving back to KC from Lawrence on Saturday night when "Dress You Up" came on the satellite radio.

Cant' tell you how much I loved that song and the video as a teenager. I bet Annie and I watched this video on MTV 700 times in the summer of 1985. I can still do the dance Madonna does during the refrain. Even in the car. Right Kerri?

What I wouldn't have done to have been one of the girls at this concert. Just watching it makes me remember that electrified feeling of being a teenager and being in big a stadium about to see one of your idols on stage.

By the way, I love this Madonna. But pretty much everything post-"Truth or Dare" I can't stand. That's when she started getting preachy and annoying. I prefer to think of this bitchin' girl and the present day disco queen leo-tard as two different people.

2 comments:

Heather rules said...

I totally agree with this whole post. I just don't like her as much as I used to. The fact British accent MUST go!!!

Heather rules said...

I meant to sat FAKE British accent. Sorry.