Monday, August 6, 2007

National Night Out

In case you don't know, tomorrow is National Night Out. For the past several years, I've been sort of wanting to put on a party in my neighborhood to get to know (or at least meet) my neighbors. Ours is a big ole wide street, and not exactly suburban, so it's easy to keep to yourself. We've been here five years and I only recently started meeting people.


We're going to do root beer floats on my front porch. I put flyers out all over the neighborhood yesterday. The results will be details in my column Thursday, and probably on this blog.

Wish me luck.

2 comments:

Lori said...

Good luck. Dale has to do something for work tonight so we're not going to have a watch party, after all. Maybe next year. I'll be eager to hear how yours went.

Jaime said...

Check out the world map on your Sitemeter. There should be a red dot on Brazil now. Hope National Night Out went well. I wonder if my neighbors are disappointed in me for not hosting one this year.