Friday, August 24, 2007

We won!

It wasn't easy, but Bob and I actually won Name that Tune on Friday.

We were in third place for the first third of the game, but then Ronnie started throwing out a lot of questions we knew. The key, I've decided, is to have a team whose knowledge spans the years. Today, there was stuff Bob knew (Quincy Jones wrote the "Sanford and Son" theme), stuff I knew (Outkast sang "Miss Jackson") and stuff we both knew (Tuff Enuf is by the Fabulous Thunderbirds.) Oh, and there was stuff Bob's son, Jeff, knew too. And for that, we thank him. He was a good plant.


Bob left me a message tonight encouraging me not to forget what a good team we are when Dennis Hardin comes a courtin' next year. Don't worry, Bob. Dennis and I are sooooo done. Anyway, our prize, besides this lovely traveling trophy in the top pic, was two certificates good for a movie for two at the Warren Old Town along with appetizers, two entrees and dessert.


OH! And our co-worker Danna was surprised at the beginning of name that tune with a proposal. It was very cute, but my camera work was very bad. It all happened so fast, I didn't have time to find the right flash. (By the way, that look on Danna's face is shock not annoyance. She said yes.)


Special thanks to Blog readers Chris for helping to organize Name that Tune; Heather for her worthy-as-always competitiveness; Jaime and Bon for their camera work; and Lori B. for her support. And undergarment updates.

6 comments:

Lori said...

Thanks for the shout-out, D'Neil! And for providing me with two very interesting lunch breaks this week!

Heather rules said...

I'll say it again, I could not be more proud of Captain and D'Neil!!!!

Anonymous said...

I have to say I'm a little ticked now. I took my dad gum lunch break to support you and am an avid - albeit anonymous -- reader of this dad gum blog, and I don't get a dad gum shout out like Lori B???? Dan

Suzanne said...

Hearty congrats to you and Bob! And I'm sorry I missed it.... At least I wasn't foolish enough to try to compete against you. Outkast? I'd be more likely to know Quincy Jones....

Jennifer Lacy said...

Congrats! You ALMOST made me miss the eagle.

chitknit said...

That trophy is SO much cooler than the one I got years ago. Congrats!